God's work, our hands, in our communities
Members of ONE in Christ are engaged in connecting with and serving our community in a wide variety of ways.
- WOW - Weekends in Owen-Withee - both Nazareth and Emmanuel members help pack weekend meals for 48 youth in the Owen-Withee school district.
- Quilting groups at Our Savior's and Nazareth make many quilts each year for Lutheran World Relief.
- Week-long summer Vacation Bible School held in both Greenwood and Longwood. These programs are held in collaboration with other congregations in the Greenwood and Owen-Withee-Longwood area (Lutheran-LCMS, UCC, etc.).
- Emmanuel's annual Freewill Garage Sales in May and October - anyone can come and pay what they can.
- Prayer shawl ministry - we provide a prayer shawl to any one who is going through a time of illness, to remind them that God's love and the prayers of our community surround them.
- Community worship: our pastor and lay visitation ministers lead monthly communion worship and Bible study at Clark County Rehab and Living Center and other area living centers/nursing homes; we also partner for a community worship time at Withee Days.
- Global connections
- Lutheran Church in Malawi - this partnership is via the Northwest Synod of Wisconsin. Our summer VBS often does fundraising for building wells with our partner churches. Learn more about this partnership here.
- Lutheran World Relief - we regularly collect and assemble health and school kits and quilters at Nazareth and Our Savior's make and send dozens of quilts each year to be shared around the world. Learn more about the quilt ministry here and & kit ministry here.
- Annual dinner/meal events: Our Savior's - Charcoal Chicken Dinner (May) and Lutefisk Supper (last week of October); Nazareth - Swiss Steak dinner (fall); Emmanuel - Apple Pies (fall)
- Our Savior's community fundraising activities - Cookie Bake, Angel Fund
- And, this list does not capture the many ways our members are involved in community service via their local Lions Club, VFW, philanthropic organizations, school districts and more. For this service, we give thanks.